Asparona is a leading consulting company specializing in the design, implementation, integration and support of Oracle Business Applications, Cloud Consulting
and Managed Services. Our reputation for professional delivery has been developed over the past 15 years in ANZ. Our focus is clear – to assist our clients
extract the best value from their business systems at least cost.
Asparona is a member of the Deloitte group of companies and Deloitte is recognized as the largest professional services network in the world by revenue and by the number of professionals. Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, enterprise risk and financial advisory services with more than 200,000 professionals in over 150 countries. Deloitte is also recognized as one of the world’s best and largest J.D. Edwards implementation practices.
We are seeking an experienced Infrastructure Technical Consultant (Oracle and DevOps) as part of the DeloitteAsparona Technical Services practice based in Auckland/Wellington.
This is a key role to provide hands-on support for users across our NZ’s offices with responsibilities such as:
Relevant Technical Experience Required:
- Enable provisioning and ongoing support of Asparona's hosted client solutions and Asparona internal infrastructure.
- Systems Administration in Oracle and Amazon Cloud (AWS)
- Developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly, network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunications systems.
- Administering Linux, Unix environments
- Working with with monitoring tools and plugins: Nagios, Check_MK, OMD
- Manage external vendors and suppliers for both ongoing support and provisioning of new systems.
- Responsible for the provisioning of high quality IT system solutions.
- Provision and testing of Disaster recovery process for hosting and internal systems.
- Partner with key stakeholders on service delivery initiatives.
- Ensure smooth and consistent running of the site infrastructure and hosting services.
- Contribute to group projects and initiatives with technology and technical thought leadership .
- To assist with the development and maintenance of the IT Infrastructure.
- Ensure helpful, prompt, collaborative, friendly and service-orientated contact with all internal & external customers.
- Support systems and infrastructure on an on-going basis.
- In depth knowledge and administration experience of :
- Unix, Linux, Oracle DBA, Weblogic, MS SQL as well as Blade center technology, Enterprise Manager Ops Center, Oracle x86 servers hardware, Oracle Network/Infiniband hardware
- Oracle Virtual Machine (Oracle VM Server 2 and 3)
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with Amazon Web Services required)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Strategic planning and budgeting for the Company’ future infrastructure requirements.
- Vendor SLA negotiation and implementation and management.
- IT and Physical Security policy creation and implementation.
Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand will be considered. Applicants should also note it may be an employer requirement to undertake an interview in New Zealand.
If you have the required qualifications and experience and are looking to join a leading New Zealand consultancy then please drop us an email
and send us your CV in confidence.