Asparona’s policy is to work towards environmental sustainability. Our policy fits within our principal objective, which is to operate a successful and financially viable company.
- We will actively seek stakeholder consultation if a compromise exists between environmental, social and financial considerations.
- Where possible strive to meet stakeholders' needs.
- Meet our commitments under current law.
Wise use of energy:
- We will take all practicable steps to use environmentally safe and sustainable energy sources to meet our needs.
- Encourage all staff to work to walk, cycle or use public transport to get to work.
- When flying, travel at the busiest times whenever possible.
- Encourage employees who are based in other centres to meet via video and web conferencing to minimise travel.
- Use energy efficient hardware wherever possible.
- Utilise power saving options on hardware.
- Use energy efficient office lighting.
- Plant trees to offset carbon emissions.
- We will research before purchasing equipment, ensuring the right tool for the job.
- Purchase electronic versions of software online to reduce packaging and transport costs.
- Utilise VPN’s (virtual-private-networks) to support staff and partners in accessing company infrastructure.
- Utilise VOIP (voice over ip) systems and instant messaging to maximise staff efficiency and reduce travel costs.
- Encourage the use of open-source software.
- We aim to minimise waste, particularly hazardous waste, and wherever possible recycle materials.
- We will dispose of our waste through safe and responsible methods.
- Reuse all paper within the office as many times as possible.
- Use double-side printing whenever possible.
- Recycle all paper, cardboard, plastic, glass and printer toners.